Unit Secretary, E/N/Weekends - (Punchbowl Operating Room)
- Apr 12, 2017 Post Date
- 117358 Requisition #
I. JOB SUMMARY/RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Performs and coordinates administrative and clerical support functions to facilitate delivery of effective and efficient patient care on the unit/department.
• Performs duties in accordance with policies and procedures of the unit/department and medical center.
II. TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Essential: seeing, hearing, speaking, finger dexterity, lifting and carrying weight up to 15 pounds.
• Depending upon area of assignment, continuous and/or frequently standing; sitting, walking, stooping/bending; reaching above, at, and below shoulder level.
• Operates computer, telephone, addressograph machine, pneumatic tube system and various office equipment.
III. TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Not substantially subjected to adverse environmental conditions.
• May be exposed to body fluids from specimens.
• Assignment to Behavioral Health, Queen Emma Clinics and Outpatient Center: may be exposed to hostile, disruptive or inappropriate patient behavior.
IV. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
A. EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE:
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Six (6) months experience as a ward clerk, unit secretary or comparable health care position.
• Ability to communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing.
• Knowledge and ability to operate a computer.
• Knowledge and ability in basic word processing and spreadsheet applications (i.e., Word and Excel) preferred.
• Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.