Speech Language Pathologist, Full-Time (Speech Therapy_QMCP)
- Apr 12, 2017 Post Date
- 117253 Requisition #
I. JOB SUMMARY/RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Screens, diagnoses and treats or provides professional consultations for patients who demonstrate disorders of speech, language, cognition, and/or swallowing.
II. TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
· Essential: seeing, hearing, speaking, and finger dexterity.
· Continuous: standing and walking.
· Frequent: sitting, twisting body, pushing/pulling maximum weight up to 50 pounds of force, stooping/bending, squatting, reaching above and at shoulder level, reaching below shoulder, repetitive arm/hand motions, gripping of an object.
· Occasional: kneeling, climbing stairs, lifting usual weight up to 10 pounds, carrying maximum weight of 10 pounds.
· Operates computer, augmentative communication equipment, telephone, copy and fax machine, pulse oximeter, blood pressure device, electrolayrnx, vitalstim, endoscope, wall suction and pager/cell phone.
III. TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
· Not substantially subjected to adverse environmental conditions.
· Frequent exposure to body fluids, especially oral/respiratory secretions, x-ray and potential communicable diseases.
· Psychologically stressful due to fast-paced environment, acuity level of patients multiple demands, and multi-disciplinary interactions and floor coverage.
IV. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
A. EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE:
· Current Hawaii State license as a Speech Language Pathologist.
· Current ASHA certification.
· Current certification in CPR at BLS/HCP level.
· Completion of a FEES (Flexible Endoscopic Evaluation of Swallow) course.
· Experience in an acute care hospital or rehabilitation center preferred.
· Prior FEES clinical experience preferred.
· Experience with adult swallowing, communication, and cognitive evaluation and treatment preferred.