Social Worker, Full-Time (Social Work_QMCP)
- Apr 12, 2017 Post Date
- 117375 Requisition #
I. JOB SUMMARY/RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Performs functions related to enhancing the social and emotional functioning of patients and their families within the Medical Center and/or out-patient services.
• Performs duties in accordance with departmental and Medical Center policies and procedures.
II. TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Essential: seeing, hearing, speaking, static gripping of an object for prolonged periods.
• Frequent: standing, sitting, walking, lifting and carrying usual weight of 2 pounds, reaching above, at and below shoulder level, repetitive arm/hand motions.
• Occasional: stooping/bending, kneeling, climbing stairs, walking on uneven ground, squatting, twisting body, finger dexterity, frequent gripping of an object.
• Operates computer, telephone, copier, facsimile, typewriter; cellular, pager, and other office type equipment.
III. TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Not substantially subjected to adverse environmental conditions. Exposed to communicable diseases and bodily fluids. May be subjected to emotionally charged situations which may compromise physical safety.
IV. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
A. EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE:
• Master's degree in Social Work.
• Current Hawaii state licensure as a LSW. Depending upon area of assignment, LCSW may be preferred.
• LCSW required in designated areas or must be obtained within one (1) year of hire date as a condition of employment.
• Valid U.S. driver's license required in accordance with Hawaii state law rules and regulations may be required based on area of assignment.
• Driver's abstract or evidence of good driving record may be required based on area of assignment.
• Certification from the National Association of Social Workers in the Academy of Certified Social Workers (ACSW) preferred.
• Current BLS/HCP certification.
• One (1) year experience in an acute care facility highly preferred.
Assignment to QCIPN
• Experience to demonstrate community resources throughout the state preferred.