Polysomnographic Technologist (Sleep Lab)
- Jun 22, 2016 Post Date
- 114807 Requisition #
I. JOB SUMMARY/RESPONSIBILITIES
• Prepares and monitors patients with sleep disorders for sleep studies.
• Scores sleep studies and performs other related duties in accordance with established procedures and guidelines in area of assignment.
II. TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS
• Essential: demands include standing, sitting, stooping/bending, finger dexterity, seeing, hearing, speaking, lifting usual weight of 20 pounds up to maximum of 50 pounds; carrying usual weight of 20 pounds up to maximum of 40 pounds.
• Continuous: reaching at shoulder level; repetitive arm/hand motions.
• Frequent: walking, reaching below shoulder level.
• Operates diagnostic sleep system and related equipment, computers, monitors, various meters, oximeters.
III. TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
• Not substantially subjected to adverse environmental conditions.
• Exposure to body fluids, chemicals.
• Minimal exposure to communicable diseases, occasional exposure to body fluids.
• Exposure to obese and/or immobile patient population requiring sleep testing.
• Working environment may be stressful.
IV. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
A. EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE:
• Registered Polysomnographic Technologist (RPSGT) by the Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists (BRPT) or Certification by the American Board of Sleep Medicine (ABSM) as a Registered Sleep Technologist (RST);
• One of the following professions with completion as a Registered Polysomnographic Technologist (RPST) by the Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologist (BRPT) or Registered Sleep Technologist (RST) by the American Board of Sleep Medicine (ABSM) within one (1) year of hire:
o Licensed Practical Nurse
o Registered Nurse
o Certified or Registered as a Respiratory Therapist by National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC).
o A registered or certified Neurodiagnostic Tech by the American Board of Registration of Electroencephalographic and Evoked Potential Technologist (ABRET).
R.EEG.T (EEG Tech)
R.EPT (Evoked Potential Technologist)
CNIM (Neurophysiologic Intraoperative Monitoring Technologist)
• Current BLS/HCP certification.
• One (1) year experience as a Polysomnogprahic Technologist or three (3) years experience as a LPN, Registered Nurse, Respiratory Therapist or Neurodiagnostic Technologist.