Pharmacy Technician with Hospital Exp. RFT-40, Rotator (Pharmacy_Punchbowl)
- Apr 18, 2017 Post Date
- 117109 Requisition #
I. JOB SUMMARY/RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Fills routine orders for unit doses, prepacked pharmaceuticals, intravenous medications, floor stock and outpatient prescriptions and provides technical and clerical assistance to pharmacists.
• May provide orientation and training in the technical functions and facilitate the technical work in the department. Serves as a resource to staff technicians regarding procedures and other information pertaining to their technical functions and responsibilities.
II. TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Essential: standing, walking, stooping/bending, finger dexterity, seeing, hearing, speaking; lifting usual weight up to 40 pounds for 5 feet, pushing/pulling up to 50 pounds of force for 200 feet, carrying up to 40 pounds for 200 feet.
• Frequent: climbing stairs, walking on uneven ground, reaching above/at/below shoulder, repetitive arm/hand motions, static gripping of an object for prolonged period, frequent gripping of an object.
• Occasional: sitting, kneeling, crawling, squatting, twisting body.
• Operates various office/pharmaceutical equipment such as typewriter, computer, copier, telephones, calculator, cash register, dispensing machines, drug packaging machine, TPN mixing machine, pneumatic tube system, fax machine, etc.
III. TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Not substantially subjected to adverse environmental conditions.
• Some exposure to cold temperature from freezer.
• Exposure to noise/vibration from air conditioner, and office/pharmacy equipment.
• Exposure to body fluids, chemicals, some contact with patients with communicable diseases. May be required to work with hazardous drugs, depending upon area of assignment.
• Work environment is fast paced, congested and may be stressful.
IV. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
A. Education/Certification and Licensure:
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Completion of pharmacy technician program preferred.
• Certification by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) preferred.
• One (1) year work experience as a pharmacy technician in a Hospital setting.
• Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
• Ability to type, operate calculator.
• Ability to perform pharmacy calculations involving ratio/proportion, IV flow rate calculations, and dosage calculations including daily doses, and days supply calculations.
• Ability to convert easily among fractions, decimals, percentages, and mixed numbers.
• Knowledge of computers preferred.