Nurse Manager, West Telemetry (Nursing Admin_QMCW)
- Apr 12, 2017 Post Date
- 116027 Requisition #
I. JOB SUMMARY/RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Has 24-hour accountability for nursing unit(s), including all areas of administrative, operational and financial responsibility.
• Assumes accountability for the coordination of resources to ensure quality to all customers, reflecting the mission, vision and philosophy of the organization.
II. TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Essential: standing, sitting, walking, finger dexterity, seeing, hearing, speaking.
• Frequent: sitting, standing, walking, static gripping of an object for prolonged periods.
• Occasional: stooping/bending, climbing stairs, walking on uneven ground, lifting and carrying usual weight of one pound up to five pounds, reaching above, at and below shoulder level.
• Operates telephones, patient care devices, computers, surgical equipment, copier.
III. TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Not substantially subjected to adverse environmental conditions. Subjected to noise/vibrations from intercoms, telephones and monitors. Exposure to body fluids and communicable diseases. Working environment is fast paced and may be stressful. Frequently works on multiple tasks and priorities at one time.
IV. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
A. EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE:
• Bachelor’s degree in Nursing.
• Master’s degree preferred.
• Current Hawaii license as Registered Nurse.
• Evidence of continuing education.
• Current BLS/HCP certification.
• Minimum five (5) years progressive experience as a Registered Nurse in an acute care facility of which at least three (3) years have been in a leadership capacity demonstrating the ability to manage assigned areas effectively.
• Prior management/supervisory experience highly preferred.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR NURSE MANAGER - West Telemetry (Nursing Admin_QMCW):
- At least five (5) years of Telemetry RN experience in an acute care setting.
- At least three (3) years of expeirence supervising/managing a Telemetry unit.
SCOPE OF SERVICE
The Queen’s Medical Center West O‘ahu is the newest member of The Queen’s Health Systems family of companies, and joins The Queen’s Medical Center Punchbowl; Moloka‘i General Hospital; North Hawai‘i Community Hospital; and the Queen’s Health Care Centers clinics in providing the highest quality health care delivered with our C.A.R.E. Values of Compassion, Aloha, Respect and Excellence..
We are your community hospital with:
• 10 ICU beds
• 40 Telemetry beds
• 30 Medical/Surgical beds
• 4 Operating Suites
• 2 Endoscopy Suites
• 23 Emergency Department bays
For over 150 years, The Queen’s Medical Center has continued to fulfill its mission of providing quality health care services to Native Hawaiians and all the people of Hawai‘i. Queen’s has extended this mission by opening The Queen’s Medical Center – West O‘ahu, a community hospital that provides West O‘ahu residents and visitors with high quality, state-of-the-art health care close to home. Queen’s Medical Center - West O‘ahu features completely new and convenient facilities with a caring, dedicated staff who demonstrate commitment to the legacy of our Founders, Queen Emma and King Kamehameha IV.
West Telemetry Unit is a 40 –bed telemetry unit with semi private rooms, which operate on a 24-hour basis. Patients may receive anti-arrhythmic pharmacologic intervention including continuous infusions to control arrhythmias or to provide inotropic support within limited parameters determined by policy. Patients requiring a higher level of care are transferred to the Intensive Care Unit.