Nurse Manager - PACU/Kinau 3/APEC (Surgical Services Admin)
- Apr 12, 2017 Post Date
- 117442 Requisition #
I. JOB SUMMARY/RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Has 24-hour oversight and accountability for nursing unit(s) and assigned area(s), including administrative, clinical and operational management, consistent with the mission, vision and philosophy of the organization.
• Develops, establishes, and monitors plans and activities to ensure;
o Delivery of high-quality patient care and services.
o Effective planning and coordination of resources.
o Compliance with regulatory and accreditation requirements.
o Achievement of goals and objectives.
• Participates in the long-term planning of assigned unit(s) and area(s).
II. TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Essential: standing, sitting, walking, finger dexterity, seeing, hearing, speaking.
• Frequent: sitting, standing, walking, static gripping of an object for prolonged periods.
• Occasional: stooping/bending, climbing stairs, walking on uneven ground, lifting and carrying usual weight of one pound up to five pounds, reaching above, at and below shoulder level.
• Operates telephones, patient care devices, computers, surgical equipment, copier.
III. TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Not substantially subjected to adverse environmental conditions.
• Subjected to noise/vibrations from intercoms, telephones and monitors.
• Exposure to body fluids and communicable diseases.
• Working environment is fast paced and may be stressful.
• Frequently works on multiple tasks and priorities at one time.
IV. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
A. EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE:
• Bachelor’s degree in Nursing.
• Master’s degree preferred.
• Current Hawaii license as Registered Nurse.
• Evidence of continuing education.
• Current BLS/HCP certification.
• Depending upon area of assignment, specialty certification/training may be required.
• Minimum five (5) years progressive experience as a Registered Nurse in an acute care facility.
• Two (2) years supervisory/leadership experience.
- Previous management experience in a pre/post area
- Previous management experience working in a Level 1 Trauma, teaching facility highly preferred