Nurse Aide-West (West Med/Surg)
- Mar 15, 2017 Post Date
- 117171 Requisition #
I. JOB SUMMARY/RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Performs a variety of duties pertaining to patient care, patient transportation, material and supply distribution and equipment assembly.
• Performs duties in accordance with departmental and the Medical Center policies, procedures and regulations.
II. TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Essential: lifting up to 2 pounds, seeing, hearing, talking, grasping, fingering.
• Continuous: standing, walking, stooping, forward reaching, handling.
• Frequent: pushing and pulling up to 30 pounds of force, lifting up to 10 pounds, sitting, bending.
• Occasional to frequent: squatting, twisting.
• Occasional: pushing and pulling up to maximum 50 pounds of force; lifting: horizontal lift/carry maximum weight of 50 pounds, floor to waist up to 35 pounds, waist to shoulder up to 25 pounds, overhead level up to 15 pounds; carrying up to 35 pounds, running, climbing, side bending, kneeling, crouching, overhead reaching.
• Operates various machines/tools/work aids.
III. TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Inside work.
• Exposure to body fluids, blood products, and communicable diseases. Work environment may be highly stressful, fast paced and hectic.
• Management of confused/disoriented and combative patients may involve tasks which may compromise physical safety.
IV. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
A. EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE:
• Ability to read, write, speak and understand English, both orally and in writing.
• Certified Nurse Assistant or Certified Medical Assistant or EMT; or,
o Nursing student having completed a semester of clinical fundamentals; or,
o RN with a foreign RN license with at least one year acute care experience.
• Nurses Assistant certification may be required depending upon area of assignment.
• Current BLS/HCP CPR certification.
• Recent experience in an acute care setting preferred.