Mammography Tech (WHC Mammography_QMCP)
- Feb 08, 2017 Post Date
- 116930 Requisition #
I. JOB SUMMARY/RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Performs a variety of mammography procedures related to the breast.
• Provides patient care during procedures.
II. TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Essential: standing, finger dexterity, seeing, hearing; lifting and pushing/pulling usual weight of 50 pounds; carrying usual weight of 10 pounds; reaching above, at and below shoulder level; repetitive arm/hand motions, static gripping of an object for prolonged periods, frequent gripping on an object.
• Frequent: walking, speaking.
• Occasional: stooping/bending, kneeling, crawling, climbing stairs, walking on uneven ground, squatting, twisting body.
• Operates various office/radiographic/hospital equipments.
III. TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Not substantially subjected to adverse environmental conditions.
• Subjected to noise/vibration from radiographic equipment noise.
• Exposure to body fluids, communicable diseases, moving mechanical parts, chemicals, radiation, odors and skin irritants.
• Work environments are fast paced, frequently stressful; works on multiple tasks and priorities at the same time and requires critical decision making.
IV. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
A. EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE:
• Hawaii State licensure as a Radiologic Technologist.
• Certification in Mammography by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (A.R.R.T.), State of California, State of Nevada, or State of Arizona.
• Current BLS/HCP certification.
• One (1) year experience in Mammography preferred.