Info Tech Analyst I (PACS)
- Apr 12, 2017 Post Date
- 117275 Requisition #
I. JOB SUMMARY/RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Work involves independently performing technical functions related to intermediate to complex applications/systems in assigned area(s).
• Consults, analyzes, plans, designs, recommends, reviews, programs, tests and monitors services, including but not limited to applications programming, software development, software design engineering and web development as applicable.
• Makes recommendations in formulation of procedures and best practice for users of applications.
• Serves as a lead in setting priorities and recommending technical directions based on programs, systems, services, resources and available technology.
• Participates in information system planning with assigned area(s), both short and long term
• Functions as the lead in coordinating and managing projects and work assignments.
• Works with PMO to coordinate the implementation of related systems/applications when needed.
II. TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Essential: finger dexterity, seeing, hearing, speaking.
• Continuous: sitting, static gripping of an object for prolonged periods.
• Frequent: walking.
• Occasional: standing, stooping/bending, climbing stairs, walking on uneven ground, lifting and carrying usual weight of 1 pound up to 5 pounds, reaching above, at and below shoulder level, frequent gripping of an object.
• Operates computer, calculator, telephone, fax and printer.
III. TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Not substantially subjected to adverse environmental conditions.
• Work schedule including providing 24 hours/7 days a week support as required.
IV. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
A. EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE:
• Bachelor's degree in Information Sciences/Computer Science or related field; four (4) years work experience in comparable job may be substituted for educational requirement.
• Knowledge of computer technology as related to telecommunications, networks or client operations.
• Training or experience in advanced analysis and design techniques.
• In-depth understanding in multiple areas of hospital systems, including business/clinical information systems and technological aspects that affect the organization.
• Depending upon area of assignment, working knowledge in a specific area of IT may be required.
• In addition to educational requirement, minimum three (3) years experience in healthcare information systems in two (2) or more of the following areas: applications design, selection, implementation and support, on line transaction processing systems, systems software, performance evaluation and tuning, automated systems and operations, system integration, artificial intelligence, expert systems, and design, implementation, tuning and support.
• Prior leadership experience in leading information system projects and/or assignments.
• Depending upon area of assignment, experience in a specific area of IT may be required.