Food Service Worker (Dietary_QMCW)
- Apr 12, 2017 Post Date
- 117188 Requisition #
I. JOB SUMMARY/RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Performs a variety of routine duties including but not limited to simple food preparation, service of food meal trays to customers and patients, washing and cleaning of small and large dishes, utensils and equipment.
• Performs duties in accordance with established policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
II. TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Essential: pushing and pulling 5 to 10 pounds of force, carrying up to 25 pounds, seeing, hearing, standing, walking, forward reaching, grasping, handling.
• Frequent: pushing and pulling 10 to 20 pounds of force, lifting: floor to knuckle up to 45 pounds, knuckle to shoulder up to 30 pounds, shoulder to overhead up to 25 pounds, carrying up to 45 pounds, talking, bending, squatting, stooping, overhead reaching, twisting, fingering.
• Occasional: pushing and pulling 30 to maximum weight 50 pounds of force, lifting: floor to knuckle and knuckle to shoulder maximum weight of 50 pounds, shoulder to overhead maximum weight of 50 pounds, carrying maximum weight of 50 pounds, stair climbing, side bending.
• Operates and works with carts, hand trucks, trays, and various tools used in food preparation.
III. TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Exposure to both inside and outside environmental conditions.
• Subjected to varying temperatures: cold temperatures when working in freezer and chill room and changing to outside condition.
• Exposed to wet, slippery, and icy conditions.
• Tasks involve working in confined areas inside freezer or chill room. Work involves handling sharp objects.
IV. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
A. EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE:
• Ability to speak, read, write and understand English both orally and in writing.
• High school diploma or equivalent education preferred.
• Prior experience or training as a food service worker.