Epilepsy Monitoring Tech
- Mar 15, 2017 Post Date
- 117280 Requisition #
I. JOB SUMMARY/RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Under the guidance of a Electroneurodiagnostic Technologist or Technician, measures, marks and applies electrodes and monitoring equipment to patients in the Epilepsy Monitoring Unit (EMU) in preparation for long term monitoring of seizures and/or assists with electroneurodiagnostic testing in the Neurodiagnostic Laboratory in accordance with established regulatory standards and departmental and organizational policies and procedures.
II. TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Essential: standing, sitting, walking, stooping/bending, twisting body, finger dexterity, seeing, hearing, speaking, lifting usual weight of 20 pounds up to 50 pounds; pushing/pulling usual weight of up to 50 pounds of force with assistance, reaching above, at and below shoulder level, and repetitive arm/hand motions.
• Occasional kneeling, crawling, squatting, carrying usual weight of 20 pounds up to 40 pounds, and frequent gripping of an object.
• Operates computers, various neurodiagnostic monitoring and testing equipment.
III. TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Not substantially subjected to adverse environmental conditions.
• Exposure to electrical current, collodion, collodion remover and fumes.
• Minimal exposure to communicable diseases; occasional exposure to body fluids.
• Must be flexible to work all shifts to support clinical operations.
IV. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
A. Education/Certification and Licensure:
1. High school diploma or equivalent education.
2. Current certification at BLS/HCP level. .
• Experience to demonstrate ability to perform basic mathematical calculations, follow procedures/guidelines and keep accurate records.
• Ability to communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing.
• Demonstrated ability to operate and navigate a computer.
• Experience in patient care or related field preferred.