Director, Quality & Regulatory Affairs-West (Nursing Admin_QMCW)
- Feb 15, 2017 Post Date
- 117018 Requisition #
I. JOB SUMMARY/RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provides oversight and strategic leadership and directs the management, administration, and coordination for programs, services and activities related to quality, corporate compliance, privacy, risk management and clinical education for The Queen’s Medical Center – West Oahu (QMC – West Oahu); ensures consistency with the vision, mission and values of the organization. Accountable for hospital-wide programs and projects to insure the Medical Center’s operations and functions are in compliance with all regulatory requirements and the policies and procedures of QMC – West Oahu. Responsible for outcomes and results to achieve established goals and objectives in assigned areas. Serves as the Compliance Officer and Privacy Officer of the Medical Center. Accountable for fiscal integrity and control in areas of responsibility. Collaborates and coordinates functions and activities with related departments of The Queen’s Medical Center (QMC).
i i. TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Essential: walking, finger dexterity, seeing, hearing, speaking, repetitive arm/hand motions.
• Frequent: standing, climbing stairs, lifting and carrying usual weight of 5 pounds up to 20 pounds, reaching above, at and below shoulder level, static gripping of an object for prolonged periods.
• Occasional: kneeling, walking on uneven ground, squatting, frequent gripping of an object.
• Operates computer, printer, copier, facsimile, typewriter and telephone.
III. TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Not substantially subjected to adverse environmental conditions.
IV. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
A. EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE:
• Current Hawaii State license as a Registered Nurse.
• Bachelor’s degree in healthcare, hospital administration, business or related field.
• Master’s degree preferred.
• Current certification in CPR at the Healthcare Professional level.
• In-depth knowledge of quality/performance improvement theory and practice.
• In-depth knowledge of regulatory requirements regarding compliance and privacy in healthcare.
• Certification in National Association of Healthcare Quality (CPHQ), Healthcare Compliance or Risk preferred.
• Minimum five (5) years recent experience performing quality management, compliance, and privacy activities in healthcare.
• Minimum two (2) years leadership experience (e.g. with responsibility for major organizational project/initiative) in two (2) of these areas: quality management, compliance, privacy, risk management.
• Prior management experience.