Cook, Temporary Part-Time, 20 hrs/week (MOLOKAI GENERAL HOSPITAL)
- Apr 12, 2017 Post Date
- 117514 Requisition #
Molokai General Hospital is a 15-bed rural health care facility with a Critical Access Hospital designation. It provides the only emergency room for the residents and visitors on the island of Molokai. MGH became a part of The Queen’s Health Systems in 1987 and provides acute care, inpatient hospice, skilled nursing, and low-risk obstetrical services. It also offers primary care in a rural health clinic, chemotherapy, limited specialty procedures, diabetes management, family planning, physical therapy (including aquatic therapy), veterans services and chronic disease navigation services.
I. JOB SUMMARY/RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible to the Dietary Services Supervisor and under the supervision of the First Cook. Performs a variety of duties pertaining to preparation, portioning, and distribution of foods for inpatient and cafeteria services.
II. TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Essential functions- Essential: Seeing, hearing, standing, walking, stooping/bending, squatting, finger dexterity, lifting weight of up to 50 pounds, pushing/pulling weight of up to 200 pounds, reaching above shoulder.
Continuous: Seeing, hearing, speaking, standing, walking, stooping/bending, kneeling, twisting body, finger dexterity, carrying weight of up to 20 pounds, repetitive arm/hand motions, frequent gripping of an object. Operates slicer, food processor, rice cooker, microwave, oven, and dishwasher.
III. TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
Both inside and outside environmental conditions, extreme heat and cold (temperature duration), noise and/or vibration, hazardous physical conditions, atmospheric conditions which affect the respiratory system or skin. Other and/or specific physical demands, machines, tools, equipment, working conditions, etc., required in area of assignment.
IV. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
A. Education/Certification and Licensure:
1. High school graduate or the equivalent, with Home Economics course in cooking or its equivalent preferred.
1. Ability to read, write, speak and understand English effectively.
2. Knowledge of basic principles of quantity food preparation, ability to adjust recipes and follow directions, ability to plan work.
3. One year experience as a cook in an institution or restaurant is preferred.
4. Able to learn how to operate and clean all equipment properly in the kitchen (e.g. food processor, blender, meat cutter, convection oven, deep fryer, etc.).
5. Able to lift and store heavy food and non-food items.
6. Able to stand on feet throughout entire shift.