Clinical Navigator, Survivorship (Oncology Svcs Admin_QMCP)
- Jan 18, 2017 Post Date
- 116570 Requisition #
Effective Date: 07/15
I. JOB SUMMARY/RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develops, provides, and documents individualized Cancer Survivorship Care Plans (CSCP), including treatment summary, follow-up surveillance recommendations, and information on health promotion/disease prevention.
• Provides direct patient care and/or treatment based on specific needs, including but not limited to history and physical examinations, medical condition and/or developmental status as required.
• Participates in coordination of care with the multidisciplinary team, promoting timely follow-up surveillance and supportive care recommendations.
• Provides education to patients and families about diagnosis, treatment, side effect management, potential late effects, follow-up surveillance, and healthy lifestyle practices.
II. TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Essential: finger dexterity, seeing, hearing, speaking, standing, sitting, walking.
• Frequent: pushing/pulling usual weight up to 200 pounds, carries usual weight of 10 pounds up to 15 pounds, repetitive arm/hand motions.
• Occasional: stooping/bending, climbing stairs, walking on uneven ground, squatting, twisting body, lifting usual weight of 75 pounds with assistance, reach above, at and below shoulder level.
• Operates physiological monitoring equipment, computer, printer, typewriter, telephone (modem), copier.
III. TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Not substantially subjected to adverse environmental conditions.
• Work environment is fast paced due to multiple demands.
• Required ability to flex hours to meet departmental needs.
• Requires some off island travel.
IV. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
A. EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE:
• Current Hawaii State License as a Registered Nurse.
• Bachelor’s degree in Nursing.
• Current certification in BLS/HCP.
• Two (2) years experience in outpatient and/or acute area of clinical expertise, depending on area of assignment. Oncology experience preferred.
• Demonstrated ability/skill in patient teaching.
• Demonstrated ability in data analysis and performance improvement activities.
• Advanced skill in Microsoft Office applications and Adobe.
• Experience with electronic medical record documentation preferred.