Clinical Coordinator, Performance Improvement (Quality Improvement_QMCP)
- Feb 08, 2017 Post Date
- 116709 Requisition #
I. JOB SUMMARY/RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Plans, coordinates implements and evaluates performance improvement activities in accordance with department’s goals and objectives and mission of The Queen’s Medical Center (QMC) and The Queen’s Health Systems (QHS).
• Serves as a resource for medical staff and medical center departments in meeting requirements of licensing and credentialing agencies, etc.
• Coordinates, implements and facilitates key clinical performance improvement efforts including, but not limited to: disease management, peer review, credentialing and privileging, quality and focus studies outcomes projects and research.
II. TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Essential: standing, sitting, walking, stooping/bending, kneeling, squatting, finger dexterity, seeing, hearing, speaking, lifting and carrying usual weight of 10 pounds, reaching above, at and below shoulder level, repetitive arm/hand motions, static gripping of an object for prolonged periods.
• Operates typewriter, computer, telephone, printer, calculator, and copier.
III. TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Not substantially subjected to adverse environmental conditions.
IV. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
A. EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE:
• Bachelor’s degree in nursing.
• Master’s degree preferred.
• Current Hawaii state licensure as a RN.
• Certification in National Association of Healthcare Quality (NAHQ) preferred.
• Two years clinical experience required; experience in a specific area of specialty (i.e., cardiac, geriatrics, oncology, etc) may be required depending upon area of assigned.
• Knowledge of performance improvement, databases/information systems preferred.
• Demonstrated experience with computer word-processing, spreadsheet, and presentation applications may be required depending upon area of assignment.