Vascular Sonographer, Days, 40 hrs (Cardiac Non Invasive at QMC West O'ahu)
- Nov 16, 2016 Post Date
- 116124 Requisition #
I. JOB SUMMARY/RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Prepares and performs echocardiographic and vascular examinations on patients and collaborates with physicians on examinations.
II. TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Essential: finger dexterity, seeing, hearing, lifting usual weight of 50 pounds; pushing/pulling up to 50 pounds, repetitive arm/hand motion, static gripping of object for prolonged.
• Continuous: reaching at shoulders.
• Frequent: sitting, twisting of body, and speaking.
• Occasional: standing, walking, stooping/bending, squatting, reaching above and below shoulder level.
• Operates ultrasound units, computer equipment, wheelchair, gurney.
III. TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Subjected to inside environmental condition (i.e., low light setting). Subjected to noise/vibration from ultrasound transducer.
• Exposure to communicable diseases and body fluids.
IV. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
A. EDUCATIOIN/CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE:
• Board registered by American Registry of Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographers (ARDMS) or Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) in cardiac or vascular sonography.
• Current certification in BLS/HCP.
• Advanced Cardiac Life Support certification desired.
• Prior recent experience as a cardiac and/or vascular sonographer in an acute health care facility preferred.