Business Intelligence & Healthcare Analyst
- Apr 12, 2017 Post Date
- 117278 Requisition #
I. JOB SUMMARY/RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Designs, develops, maintains, and validates business intelligence and analytics capabilities/tools in support of QHS goals of improving quality/access and reducing costs.
• Performs ad hoc analysis from initial ask to delivery: preliminary conversations with end users, data extractions from various data sources, data manipulation/visualization, and narrative analysis.
• Assists in data governance efforts including definitions, implementation, and organization.
II. TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Essential: finger dexterity, seeing, hearing, speaking.
• Continuous: sitting, static gripping of an object for prolonged periods.
• Frequent: walking.
• Occasional: standing, stooping/bending, climbing stairs, walking on uneven ground, lifting and carrying usual weight of 1 pound up to 5 pounds, reaching above, at and below shoulder level, frequent gripping of an object.
• Operates computer, calculator, telephone, fax and printer.
III. TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Not substantially subjected to adverse environmental conditions.
IV. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
A. EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE:
• Bachelor’s degree in business, statistics, computer science or other related analytical/data/business information field.
• Minimum two (2) years’ experience designing and presenting complex data sets, including large multi-dimensional data setsin visually compelling formats required.
• Minimum two (2) years’ experience of hand-coded SQL is required.
• Minimum one (1) year experience with Business Intelligence tools such as QlikView or Tableau required.
• Minimum one (1) year experience in healthcare preferred.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and SQL is required; Crystal reports preferred.